Monday, November 18, 2013

Thor in Turkey

I just saw the new Thor movie. W-o-w. It was a first on two counts. It was my very first time seeing a 3D movie, but more importantly, it was first movie in Turkey.

Oh and could I possibly adore Tom Hiddleston any more? I don't think so. He gets all the best lines in the film.

As we were waiting for the movie to start, Carly said “Oh, by the way, there’s going to be an intermission.” Um…okay. That's not something I'm used to, though it’ll be nice because I usually have to use the bathroom at some point during the movie. With an intermission, at least I won’t have to miss anything important.

However, I have an issue with when the intermission happened. It was during the part when Odin was explaining to Thor about the convergence that happens every 5,000 years. He was mid-sentence and suddenly the movie stopped and the lights came on. Welcome to Turkey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I don't see the big deal with 3-D. Maybe my eyes didn't evolve correctly to pick up on it. Was the movie in English? Did it have subtitles?

Unknown said...

As I mentioned in my blog, this was my first time seeing a 3D movie. I've never been able to understand what the big deal was either.

The movie was in English with Turkish subtitles.