Sunday, November 3, 2013

Crisis averted

Okay, everything's all better now. As you saw in my last blog entry, I was having a really bad day on Thursday. Naturally, when I'm having a bad day, EVERYTHING is awful: my job, my living situation, my life. Friday was slightly better as I was determined to push Thursday's yuckiness behind me. But today, I had some play time with a couple of coworkers, which improved things exponentially. I had a feeling my self-induced cabin fever was a huge part of the problem. Of course, things are never perfect and problem-free in any working and/or living environment. But I just need to stop hibernating in my room and get out and see stuff.

So today, I had lunch with my aforementioned coworkers, we went to visit Parliament, and then walked around Kizilay a bit. I got my ticket to see Russell Brand in Istanbul and I purchased my flight. As soon as I got back to my room, I booked my hotel. So my brief weekend in Istanbul is all ready and I feel like a million bucks. I'm back on top, baby!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're feeling better. We miss you at the writing group.

Unknown said...

I miss you guys too. Tell everyone I said hello and be sure to give them the address to my blog if they're interested in reading it.

Unknown said...

You should contact Ginny and she'll link your blog to the chapter website. But I'll mention it to group on Monday. Frankly I can give her the site address and she can connect without you having to contact her.
Duh!