Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 22-24 en route to California

My next stop was the Redwood Forest in northern California. However, coming from the far northeastern corner of Montana, that was going to take a few days to get there. As I made my way to my overnight stop in Bozeman, Montana, I caught a glimpse of the northern range of the Rocky Mountains.


The next two days were spent driving through Oregon. I was surprised to see such a varying landscape. When I think "Oregon", I think "rain" so it must be lush and green throughout the entire state, right? Wrong.

Lush and green...


Hilly and desert-y...

watery wilderness. The road this lake was on had NO houses or business for the entire 30 miles stretch. It was strange and yet calming to see nothing but animals on this river...


I got carsick while driving down OR-66. It was a curvy road on a downward spiral for about 25 miles. That's the only time in my life I've ever been carsick while I was driving. Eurgh, even thinking about it makes me feel queasy. I'll never drive down that road again.

No comments: