Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snacks on a plane – Istanbul part 1

U.S. flight carriers could learn a lot from Turkish Airlines as far as customer service.

My flight to Istanbul and back was one hour each way. Yet we were given food both times. My 7am flight – breakfast: olives and tomatoes, cheese and cucumbers on bread, and a small cake. My 1pm flight: lunch that consisted of eggplant salad, chocolate banana pudding, and a modest turkey and cheese sandwich (which also had pickles and tomatoes on it. Perhaps the sandwich wasn’t so modest after all. In fact, now that I think about it, that sandwich was downright arrogant!)

I only had one full day in Istanbul, so I spent the morning visiting three of the biggest tourist attractions in the city: the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, and Topkapi Palace. I took over 60 photos just of those places, so I’ve narrowed the photos down to my favorites.



view of the Blue Mosque from the Galata Bridge



view of the Blue Mosque, up close and personal







views of the architecture inside the Hagia Sophia



Princess Jasmine's father, the Sultan. This is what he was reduced to when Jafar took over the kingdom.



The entrance to Topkapi Palace







Inside the harem quarters of Topkapi Palace. I have a thing for domed ceilings, especially ornately beautiful ones.







views of the Bosphorus from the palace.

I went back to the hostel where I had lunch with a hosteller from England. Afterwards, I went upstairs and passed out on my bed for two hours. Then it was time for….Russell Brand. Stay tuned for that blog entry.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Becca. I like domed ceilings and arrogant sandwiches too. Did you miss Turkey day festivities? I could have done without them to be honest. Enjoy Russell Brand!

Jen said...

Am I the only one who got your "snacks (snakes) on a plane" reference? LMAO!!