Sunday, September 22, 2013

My grandparents

I received this email from my mother today:

We got a phone call from grandma last night. The only time she ever called us before this was when the weather in NC was really bad and Grandpa told her to call and see if we were alright…

She had received the copies of the blogs you sent us and was so happy to receive them that she called to tell us. She read them right away and was almost laughing. We didn't stay on the phone long, about 5 minutes but I thought you'd like to know how happy it made her to hear how you are doing.

That makes me really happy to know that. Seriously, if you had seen my grandmother’s face when I told her I was moving to Turkey, you would have thought what I thought: she looked like she was having a stroke. My mother has already told me she worries less now that she can keep up with my blog entry. I’m sure my 88-year old grandma feels the same way. Hopefully she’s either reading the blogs to my grandfather or she’s letting him read them. I’d like for him to know how I’m doing as well. He doesn’t speak much, but I know he loves me and worries about me.


No comments: