Friday, June 27, 2008

June 26 Wildfires

I drove through Mendocino County today where they're experiencing bad wildfires. The visibility's really bad; I can only see about a mile or two in the distance. The sun is out, I can tell, but I can't actually see it due to the dense smoke. I'm coughing a lot but I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting over a slight cold or because of the wildfires. I suspect the latter.

I lost a half hour in my travels today. There was state park where you could see elk, so I drove up and down this windy path. I did not see ONE elk. If the state park promises elk, they need to deliver. Tie one to a tree, stuff an already-dead elk, I don't care!! I WANTED TO SEE AN ELK!! *flounce* (I'm not suggesting animal cruelty. I'm just miffed that I didn't get to see an elk when the sign said something about elk sightings.)

No comments: