Friday, December 6, 2013

Vienna, day 1

My first full day in the Austrian capital was an absolute blast.

Madame Tussaud's wax museum

I've been obsessed with this place ever since the first time I visited one in London, England back in the summer of 2001. It's the only time in my life I'll get to have close-up photos of so many famous people throughout history. I took photos of the famed from sobering moments in history, such as Anne Frank and Oscar Schindler. Then I had my photo taken with the likes of Lady Gaga, Robert Pattinson, George Clooney, and finally the late, great Freddie Mercury.



Ladies and gentlemen, the newest member of Queen....



Oh Austria, you didn't.



Breakfast with Ms. Golightly



Pattypoo. I couldn't help the photo. I turned the corner, and THERE he was.



One of the employees at the museum was like "would you like me to take your photo with Robbie Williams?" And I said, "No, but I'd like my photo taken with Lady Gaga and a few other celebrities." He said "Okay," and off we went. I posed for this photo, he said I was a natural, and I was like "I know" and then I did this pose...





I was trying to advise George as to what his next film should be, but I got the feeling his attention was otherwise occupied.

St. Stephens Cathedral

St. Stephens was built in the 12th century and is an incredible work of architecture. I paid 5 Euro to take the elevator up to the top where I was able to see all of Vienna.















Hofburg Palace

Well, technically, just the Imperial Apartments. Sadly, inside photos are forbidden, so I only have pictures of the outside of the building.

Cafe Mozart

I didn't go in, but I at least wanted a photo of the outside of a cafe that was built shortly after the death of the composer whose name it bears.



That's all for now. Until next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your photos are hilarious and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us at home. Boring home.