Friday, October 18, 2013

The good, the bad, and the chicken

I had one plus and one minus today:

Plus: With the exception of two or three items, I wrote almost my entire shopping list in Turkish.

Minus: I ate KFC. *sigh* And, God help me, it was delicious. I knew it was a matter of time before I scarfed American fast food. In fact, at the writing of this blog, I’m just four days from the two-month anniversary of my arrival in Turkey. I’m proud to have lasted this long without consuming American food. (I’m not counting the Starbucks coffee that I have in my house and at the office.)

Still, a pretty nice first day back from vacation. Check out the view from food court of the Cepa mall in Ankara, a mall that prompted Carly to say about the Armada mall, “We live near the crap mall.” I agree with that; Cepa has more stores and variety.

P.S. I know I still haven't blogged or posted photos of my vacation, but that will take some time. I have a lot of photos to filter through, then I want to guide my readers through what each photo is of. I'm a storyteller, just give me a chance to tell the story.






No comments: